Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (4): Top Ten Books I'm Curious To Read


I’m so glad that The Broke and The Bookish has decided to give this week Top Ten Tuesday topic to each participant to decide. Yes, it’s a freebie week! As I am in the middle of The Classics Club Project (and am very excited right now), there are several books I’ve been curious to read from my list. I know, there are always so many books I want to read, yet so little reading time I have! So, even listing ten books of them which I’m curious of the most is quite difficult for me. Hey, I’d like to read them all!! Anyway, ten is the game, so here are those ten books I'm curious to read,

Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas
After finishing The Man In The Iron Mask, I’m hungry to read more of d’Artagnan and the three musketeers adventures (yes, I know, I should have read Twenty Years After before The Man In The Iron Mask, and I have posted about that here). I have ordered this book, and it’s on the way right now.

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
I have just won a giveaway, and I got this book as the gift, yayyy! (sorry…I’m still exciting!). Being the most biographical novel of Charles Dickens has made me very curious of this book. I am reading Dickens biography now, and I find him as an interesting personage. I’d like to learn more about him through David Copperfield.

Tender Is The Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
After reading The Great Gatsby, I’m longing to read Fitzi's other books. One of it that is also very biographical is Tender Is The Night. I have read several promising reviews about this book, and can’t wait to read it.

The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins
This book has been intriguing me since I read the review in a blog. Then last weekend I happened to read an interview of Mary Higgins Clark, where she was asked about the best suspense novel she has ever read. And guess what her answer was? Wilkie Collins’ The Woman In White. That’s enough for me to look forward to read this book. Suspense is one of my favorite genre anyway.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
I always love books with strong psychological aspects such as Agatha Christie and Emile Zola. The Picture of Dorian Gray seems to be the most tempting psychological novel to me right now. Actually I plan to read it next month for the Victorian Celebration.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kessey
Same reason with Dorian Gray, this book has made curious for months. I just have to find time to read it!

Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Many book lovers had suggested me to read this book. I have the copy already, and right now I am preparing to host a readalong for this ‘bulk’ book. I plan to read it near Mrs. Mitchell birthday on November.

Germinal by Emile Zola
No need to say again, that I am already in love with Emile Zola. He is one of my all time favorite authors. Germinal is one of his best works, so I’m already impatient to wait for my copy to arrive!

Sketches by Boz by Charles Dickens
Charles Dickens is one of my favorite authors too. Although Sketches by Boz is not his best work, I am curious to read it because it’s his first-published-work, and because it contains everyday life sketches. It seems very interesting, not to mention that this is a rare book which I have bought in a very fair price.

A short stories collection by Guy de Maupassant
It’s a translation edition of Guy de Maupassant short stories collection. The title in Bahasa Indonesia is ‘Cinta Sejati’ which means True Love (I don’t know whether it is one of the short stories title). I’ve been longing to read Guy de Maupassant, and also several pieces of short stories. I’m not a fan of short stories, but I think there are a lot of good short stories out there that I may appreciate.

So, that’s it. Hopefully I can manage my time to read all those ten great books very soon. What’s your Top Ten Tuesday of this week?


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you're plannint the Gone With the Wind readalong around Mitchell's borthday!! So many greats on this list, Fanda, but I especially can't wait to know what you think of Gone With the Wind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait too to read it Jill! And I hope you can join the readalong..

      Delete

What do you think?