I am now reading one of Leo Tolstoy’s masterpieces: War and Peace. And despite of the uncomfortable-bulk-book and the tiny fonts, War and Peace turns out to be an enjoyable story. Now I am asking myself, why have I been delaying in reading this until now? Was I afraid that the book will be boring? Not at all! I’ve been enjoying every bit since the beginning, and now am quite glad that I still have 400 pages to go, hoho!
For Scene on Three, I have picked a passage from page 110, it is when Russian troops get their first chance to meet their enemy, the French army. Being ready in their line, separated by some spaces to the enemy’s front line might be quite exciting—or frightening? What are they really thinking of? Can you imagine? Tolstoy can portray very vividly the anxiety and the feeling of the soldiers in this passage. Enjoy!
“One step beyond that boundary line which resembles the line dividing the living from the dead, lies uncertainty suffering, and death. And what is there? Who is there?—there beyond that field, that tree, that roof lit up by the sun? No one knows, but one wants to know. You fear and yet long to cross that line, and know that sooner or later it must be crossed and you will have to find out what is there, just as you will inevitably have to learn what lies the other side of death. But you are strong, healthy, cheerful, and excited, and are surrounded by other such excitedly-animated and healthy men. So thinks, or at any rate feels, anyone who comes in sight of the enemy, and that feeling gives a particular glamour and glad keenness of impression of everything that takes place at such moments.”
Jadi bagaimana cara berpartisipasi dalam Scene on Three :
- Tuliskan suatu adegan atau deskripsi pemandangan/manusia/situasi/kota dan sebagainya ke dalam suatu post.
- Jelaskan mengapa adegan atau deskripsi itu menarik, menurut versi kalian masing-masing.
- Jangan lupa cantumkan button Scene on Three di dalam post dengan link menuju blog Bacaan B.Zee.
- Masukkan link post kalian ke link tools yang ada di bawah post Bacaan B.Zee, sekalian saling mengunjungi sesama peserta Scene on Three.
- Meme ini diadakan setiap tanggal yang mengandung angka tiga, sesuai dengan ketersediaan tanggal di bulan tersebut (tanggal 3, 13, 23, 30, dan 31).