Saturday, May 25, 2024

Six Books Saturday #9: Favorites from A Century of Books (so far)




#SixBooksSaturday
is my personal monthly bookish meme, inspired by Six Words Saturday, which I've stumbled upon @ Travel with Intent. It's basically to list six books of random category, which I'd decided on the spot. Anything is possible according to my whim. I post Six Books Saturday on last Saturday of each month. If you're interested, you are, of course, welcomed to join me. There's no rule, really. You can post six anything about books. 

If you have been following this blog long enough, you've probably noticed that I am doing a personal challenge/project of A Century of Books - reading 100 books in two years, one book for each year. I am following Simon's idea, by the way. Intending to read 50 books this year, I have now up to 19 done. Not bad at all, eh?

So, for this month's Six Saturday Books, I'll do some kind of review of my A Century of Books, by rating six of my most favorites.


SIX FAVORITES FROM A CENTURY OF BOOKS (SO FAR)


6. The Man Who Died Twice (Richard Osman)




5. The Cornish Coast Murder (John Bude)




4. The Easy Life in Kamusari (Shion Miura)




3. Cigarette Girl (Ratih Kumala)




2. The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax (Dorothy Gilman)




1. Scarlet Feather (Maeve Binchy)




Have you read any of them? Which one is your favorite?

Next Six Books Saturday: 29th June 2024.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of reading one book from each year of a century. Thank you for sharing your favorites.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?