February is the birth month of
Charles Dickens, so I usually celebrate it by reading Dickens in February. This
year it will be for Nicholas Nickleby, and I invite you all to join me
My original plan is to read it in February, but after breaking down the chapters (and there are 70 of them!), I decided to stretch it through the 2nd week of March, making it a six weeks event. This way, I believe, we can read quite leisurely, without pressure.
I will try to post one update each weekend, summarizing the chapters we have read, and maybe with one or two topics to discuss, but I don't make any promises, as it will depend on how busy I will be; but at least I'll try! 😊
Without further ado, here is our time frame:
I will be reading from Wordsworth
Classics edition, and my copy has 769 pages, meaning I will have to read about
130-ish pages each week 😱. I really doubt I can
catch up with that pace, but let's see! Having buddies to read with helps a
lot, I hope!
How to join?
- Please comment below if you'd like to participate. Or you can mention me on Twitter using hashtag: #NicholasNickleby2021.
- You are welcomed to post about this readalong in your blog/social media, but it's okay if you don't feel like it.
- I will publish a kick-off post on February 1st with a linky, where you can put links of your blog posts during the readalong.
- You may post as often as possible (updates, thoughts, quotations, review, wrap-up, etc) either on blog or Twitter. For Twitter, please use #NicholasNickleby2021 hashtag.
- Last but not least: READ (or Reread) and ENJOY!