Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Goodbye May!


A woman reading on her balcony (Oscar Coddron)


My reading life has slackened a bit this month, after April excitement subsided. Well, another "storm" hit our lives again, but like always, it, too, will pass. Meanwhile...


πŸ“š Books Read in May

Agatha Christie: An Autobiography
(started in March)
Read from: audiobook

The Professor's House by Willa Cather
Read from: printed book

Summer by Edith Wharton (not yet reviewed)
Read from: printed book

The Professor's Commencement by Willa Cather (short story)
Read from: e-book


πŸ“š 2023 Statistics

πŸ“Š Total books read so far: 22
πŸ“Š Total short stories read so far: 5
πŸ“Š Challenge progress:
* 2023 TBR Pile Challenge: 7
* 2023 Victorian Reading Challenge: 2
* 2023 Audiobook Challenge: 9


πŸ“š What's happening in June

πŸ”Έ️ For the first time, I'm joining #20BooksofSummer hosted by Cathy @ 746 Books. I opted for 10 Books. Here's the list of books I'd be reading.

πŸ”Έ️ Another fun event I'm joining is Reading the Meow hosted by Mallika @ Literary Potpourri


How about you, how has your May been?

 

6 comments:

  1. For your 'cat' challenge may I recommend a children's book, The Mousehole Cat by Antonia Barber? It's set in my home county of Cornwall and has such beautiful illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cath, for the recommendation. Unfortunately, I can't find any e-book copy of it. So, I'm going to note it for later. I've found 3 great cat books for the challenge, though.. ;)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that May was rough for you. Knowing it will pass, as always, isn't always easy to live with when you're in the middle of it though. So stay strong, sing a song, read a book, reach out to friends (here and in real life), laugh at something silly, have a good cry, rant & rave at the gods, then stop to smell a flower, watch the clouds float by in the sky, look at some art, hold your favourite colour in your hands and remember you have people who love you and care for you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brona, this comment really made my day! <3
      Right now crime fictions, blogging, and birds sound are my daily "medications".

      Delete

What do you think?