Saturday, December 30, 2023

Six Books Saturday #5: Favorite Books of 2023


#SixBooksSaturday
is my personal monthly bookish meme, inspired by Six Words Saturday, which I've stumbled upon @ Travel with Intent. It's basically to list six books of random category, which I'd decided on the spot. Anything is possible according to my whim. I post Six Books Saturday on last Saturday of each month. If you're interested, you are, of course, welcomed to join me. There's no rule, really. You can post six anything about books.


As this would be the last Six Books Saturday of the year, it will be the perfect post to share my favorite reads of 2023. The candidates are 15 of 75 books I've read this year which I've given five stars. From those 15, I picked these:

SIX MOST FAVORITE BOOKS OF 2023

6. Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie
My review of the book

5. Away with the Penguins by Hazel Prior
My review of the book

4. The Ladies Paradise by Émile Zola (a re-read)
My review of the book

3. Behind a Mask by Louisa May Alcott
My review of the book

2. The President's Hat by Antoine Laurain
My review of the book

1. The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
My review of the book


Have you read any of them? Which one is your favorite?


This would be my last post of the year. I have read one more book, intended for #DeanStreetDecember, but I hadn't enough time and energy to write the review. So, I would include a short one for my Holiday Reads post early next year. Meanwhile, I'm wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year of 2024!

Next Six Books Saturday: 27th January 2024.

4 comments:

  1. I've read four of these: Five Little Pigs, Away With the Penguins, The Ladies Paradise and Enchanted April. And it's hard to pick a favorite because I loved them all. But maybe Enchanted April? Although the Hazel Prior novel was so fun. I don't think I can choose between them. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have great memories of reading The Ladies' Paradise, it was one of the required books for college :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. ^ This is Marian from Classics Considered, having trouble posting under my name :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to see Enchanted April and Five Little Pigs on your best books list. I enjoyed both those very much, especially Enchanted April.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?