Satu lagi reading challenge yang kuikuti untuk blog ini. Hosted by blogger luar, inilah challenge-nya. Ssstt...challenge ini ada hadiah undiannya kalau kita sukses menyelesaikan semua tantangannya.
- Challenge runs from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012. Books started before January 1st do not count, and all links/reviews/comments for each category must be posted in the correct place by December 31st. Feel free to join in at any time, but the end date is December 31.
- Please feel free to use books in this Challenge toward any other Challenge you may be participating in. However, you must read a different book for each category of this challenge. Audio and e-books are allowed.
- Please sign up for the Challenge using the linky list (or comment section if you do not have a blog/website). If you would be so kind, please spread the word about this challenge by creating a post on your blog/website and link back to this sign up page.
- Once the Challenge has begun, you will see a new bar on the left hand side of this blog. This will list the places for you to link/comment your reviews of the book you have read for each category as well as a "wrap up" page. I will not be doing monthly check-in posts this year. I will probably do a "Half Way" post in June. These will be important because....
- THERE IS A PRIZE THIS YEAR! People who complete the challenge (and I will check that all categories are completed!) will be entered into a random drawing for $30 worth of books (Book Depository will be used for an International Winner). I may have other prizes as well. Make sure you are following me via GFC, Email, Twitter, or Facebook/Networked Blogs so you are in the know!
Dan ini kategory tantangan yang harus kita selesaikan, beserta calon buku yang akan kubaca untuk masing-masing tantangan:
Any 19th Century Classic -- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (READ)
Any 20th Century Classic -- Lord of the Flies by William Golding (READ)
Reread a classic of your choice -- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (READ)
A Classic Play -- A Midsummer Night's Dream -- by William Shakespeare (READ)
Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction -- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (READ)
Classic Romance -- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (READ)
Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your language -- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (READ)
To clarify, if your native language is NOT English, you may read any classic originally written in English that has been translated into your native language.
Classic Award Winner -- Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
To clarify, the book should be a classic which has won any established literary award. (READ)
Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime -- Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak (READ)
To Clarify, this does not have to be a country that you hope to visit either. Countries that no longer exist or have never existed count.
Total ada 9 kategori yang boleh kita selesaikan hingga akhir tahun ini. Tertarik? Silakan meluncur ke sini.