Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Back to the Classics Challenge 2018 - Wrap Up

I've done it! I am so happy, proud, but also relieved to have completed this one of my favorite challenges ever. Here's my entries for twelve categories of Back to the Classics Challenge 2018:



A 19th century classicDombey and Son by Charles Dickens
A 20th century classicEast of Eden by John Steinbeck
A classic by a woman authorThe Tenant of the Wildfell Hall by Anne Brönte
A classic in translationThe Sin of Abbe Mouret by Émile Zola
A children's classicFive Go Off on a Caravan (The Famous Five)  by Enid Blyton
A classic crime story, fiction or non-fictionTowards Zero by Agatha Christie
A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fictionJourney to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
A classic with a single-word titleResurrection by Leo Tolstoy
A classic with a color in the titleThe Innocence of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton
A classic by an author that's new to youHowards End by E.M. Forster
A classic that scares youThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Re-read a favorite classicThe Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Thank you, Karen, for hosting this challenge. I won't do it in 2019, but hopefully I will return the next year more ready and fresh (if you would host it again - which is my sincere hope). [Twitter: @Fanda_A) ]

14 comments:

  1. Wow, great job, Fanda! I can only hope to do as well as you in 2019. Sad to hear you won't be doing the challenge this coming year but I understand when life gets in the way of reading. Kind of sucks though ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cleo. It's not that bad, really. I'm actually kind of excited to the new challenge I'm about to do next year with my works. So, it's like switching the challenge to another area. It's the only way I can enjoy both my works and my reading. Wish me luck! :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! Don't forget to link it up to my Final Wrap-Up post, there's a link on the sidebar of my blog! And thanks for participating, I hope you enjoyed your reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me, Karen. I almost forgot, actually! Yes, have I enjoyed (almost all of) the reads. Thank you again for hosting, and good luck for the next year! :)

      Delete
  3. Well done, Fanda! I didn't participate this year, but plan to in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn! And good luck with your challenge next year (if you decided to participate - I have noticed some exciting categories for 2019!)

      Delete
  4. Really enjoyed your reviews this year! East of Eden bumped up on my list, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marian! East of Eden is a treasure, indeed!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on finishing this challenge—I love the categories that Karen comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! It's always my most favorite challenge, and I hope to participate again in the future.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Fanda! A job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though I know you didn't love it...glad you FINALLY got around to LOTR. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joseph, for encouraging me to finally read LOTR!

      Delete

What do you think?