Sunday, July 3, 2022

Waving June Goodbye, and What I'm Most Anticipating in July

June and July are the coolest months here where I live, so those are always my two favorite months of the year. It usually reflects on my reading mood.. no, my whole mood, too. I've had less and less "meltdown" these days, though life is still not easy yet, but one's just have to live through, right? I've had a fun reading - finishing Evelina, and then started on Flappers and Philosophers, which proved to be my most favorite short story collection. I guess the Jazz Age vibes helped a little? And of course, the anticipation of #ParisInJuly lifted up my spirits. How about you? Did your June turned out to be successful too?


๐Ÿ“š What I've Read in June

Flappers and Philosophers by F. Scott Fitzgerald for #JazzAgeJune. Scott Fitzgerald is, indeed, the king of short story AND the writer who always explore the most fabulous Jazz Age vibes!

The Seagull by Anton Chekhov, on the other hand, was a flop. I've read The Cherry Orchard years ago, and loved it. It's not cheerful, of course, but at least had a good plot. I've expected The Seagull to be similarly melancholy-nice too, but I was disappointed. It's... weird. 'Till now I still couldn't grasp what it's all about. You'll see more in my review around next week.

Statistics

๐Ÿ“Š Total books read: 15
๐Ÿ“Š Challenge progress:
* 2022 TBR Pile Challenge: 7
* Back to the Classics Challenge 2022: 8
* 2022 Chunkster Challenge: 1

๐Ÿ“š What's happening in July

One of the most anticipated bookish events: Paris in July! And not about reading too. I plan to read these 3 books (all non classics):
๐Ÿ“• My Good Life in France by Janine Marsh 
๐Ÿ“• My Four Seasons in France by Janine Marsh
๐Ÿ“• The Girl, the Dog, and the Writer in Provence by Katrina Nannestad

Let's say I'm taking a break from reading classics, and having a vacation in Paris for the whole month.

Au revoir!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun - summer in Paris! Enjoy!! P.S. What is your climate like in June and July? I imagine it is tropical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enter the dry season usually around May, but there're still sporadic rains every now and then, and the humidity is still high. June & July is usually drier, and the air is begin to get cooler, as the sun position is farther so that the sunlight isn't too harsh. Plus we get some breeze. That's why they are always my favorite months of the year! Then in August it will start to get windy and warmer. By September, it will be hot through December, when the monsoon back...

      Delete
  2. Glad you're enjoying a couple of months of cooler weather and life moments.

    My June ended up being a Covid month, with both Mr Books & I testing positive. It has taken a month to get back on top of things properly, but the lethargy and cough have finally almost gone. Thankfully reading is always my solace during times like these and Paris in July is a delight :-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?