Monday, April 17, 2023

Blogger-Inspired Wishlist...with a Twist, Ep. 4,5



Okay, it's not really a twist, but it rhymes! 😜 As you've probably been familiar with this blog feature, Blogger-Inspired Wishlist is a feature where I post recent additions to my wish list, which had been inspired by reviews from my fellow bloggers. Now, about the twist...

While browsing Twitter, I often stumbled upon books that interest me. It could be from someone's tweeting about his/her latest book haul, or someone's retweet of book promotion from his/her favorite bookstore. Either way, if the title/cover and its Goodreads' summary attracts me, I'll put it into a list. This is that list. Of twenty one books. No extract of reviews, only the title and author. And some book covers or little notes here and there.

The Summer Book by Tove Jansson

Away with the Penguins by Hazel Prior
From @PeriwinkleCott1  quote tweeted by @LadyTeapots 




The Black Spectacles by John Dickson Carr
From @BL_Publishing, retweeted by @kaggsy59

The Rotten Core (The Lady Hardcastle Mystery) by T.E. Kinsey

All Done by Kindness by Doris Langley Moore
From @LouiseCulmer1, retweeted by @DeanStPress

Maud Martha by Gwendolyn Brooks
From @barkerforbooks, replied by @chriswolak




Bloomsbury Girls by Natalie Jenner
Inspired by Laurie (Goodreads)
This is the only one I've got from Goodreads (shared in a tweet)

The Christie Affair by Nina de Gramont
From @Kim_A_Howard, quote tweeted by @mary_russell

Renoir, My Father by Jean Renoir
From @artistmonet (a fan account of Claude Monet)

The Poisonous Solicitor: The True Story of a 1920s Murder Mystery by Stephen Bates

Priceless Betrayal by Victoria Tait


The Hymn Tune Mystery by George A. Birmingham
From @GaiaBird1 

The Boy and the River by Henri Bosco

Bellevue by Alison Booth

The Lonely Hearts Book Club by Lucy Gilmore

Fortunata and Jacinta by Benito Pérez Galdós
From @neglectedbooks, retweeted by @alokranj

Green Money by D.E. Stevenson
From @Valster11 




Twice Round the Clock by Billie Houston

A Town Called Solace by Mary Lawson

Fresh from the Country by Miss Read

Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto
The first cozy mystery ever from an Indonesian writer! I think I'm going to read this one straight away after my current read!



Have you spotted a favorite or two? Or have I inspired you to acquire one, two, or more to your TBR? 😏 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Away With the Penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good idea. I try to keep the blog post in my Feedly reader that inspired me to read a book, and in Nonfiction November I've learned to start a post early that identifies where I get ideas for wishlist books from as I forgot the first year and just listed them without links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? We just need one place to save all these book recs and the links that have inspired us. At the end of the year I would probably make a list of how many books I have read or bought from these recs.

      Delete

What do you think?