Friday, November 18, 2022

A Literary Christmas 2022



It’s that time again! Tarissa of In The Bookcase is hosting another A Literary Christmas Challenge – though “Christmas” and “challenge” should not be in one sentence, right? Anyway, I’m joining again, and this year I’m planning (hoping) to read:


A Very French Christmas: The Greatest French Holiday Stories
French and Christmas in one sentence – now, c'est superb! It’s a compilation of Christmas or holiday stories by French writers such as: Guy de Maupassant, Alphonse Daudet, Irène Némirovsky, and some other contemporary authors.

Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies
A holiday classic and a novella, yum!

Hercule Poirot’s Christmas by Agatha Christie
It’s not a Christmas reading list without at least one murder mystery, right? And it’s on my list of Agatha Christie Perpetual Reading Challenge anyway, so why not reading it on Christmas?

Jane and the Twelve Days of Christmas by Stephanie Barron
What if Jane Austen investigates a murder mystery that happened at a Regency-era Christmas party? Delicious prospect, eh?

The Christmas Hirelings by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
Another novella which seems to be charming, inspired by Hamlette's review.


Have you also created your Christmas reading list? I’m even thinking of starting my 1st book this month, or as soon as I’ve finished my current readings (two books)! If you want to participate in this event, go directly to the sign up post.

 

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Excellent list! I read Hercule Poirot's Christmas a year or two ago and liked it a lot. And I've enjoyed quite a few of Stephanie Barron's Jane Austen Mysteries, though I haven't gotten to this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've read Poirot's years ago, and I remember it's a charming story with perfect Christmas vibes. Can't wait to reread it!
      I'm glad to know that you love the Jane Austen Mysteries. And now I'm so curious, I think I'd read that one immediately after my current reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh...I may have to read Miracle on 34th Street next year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hope for this one (never watched the movie), let's see how it goes!

      Delete

What do you think?