Saturday, August 26, 2023

Six Books Saturday #1: New-to-Me Crime Writers



#SixBooksSaturday is my new personal monthly bookish meme, inspired by Six Word Saturday, which I've stumbled upon @ Travel with Intent.

I thought it would be fun to list six books of random category/theme, which I'd decide on the spot. It might be six favorite books from my favorite author, or six books I've just added to my TBR. Or, if I find a gorgeous pinkish cover, I might list six pink book covers. Anything is possible according to my whim.

I will post Six Books Saturday on the last Saturday of each month. If you're interested, you are, of course, welcomed to join me. There's no rule, really. You can post six anything about books with your own theme, and leave your link in the comment, so I can read you posts. Or you can share the posts in Twitter (I still call it that) with hashtag #SixBooksSaturday, and don't forget to tag me!

This month I pick a theme which is correlated with this month's British Classics Crime Challenge theme, which is Authors New to Me.

Here is my first Six Books Saturday:


NEW-TO-ME CRIME WRITERS I've read so far this year, whose books I'm excited to read more
(in no particular order)

Christianna Brand
(my first read: Heads You Lose)

Dolores Hitchens
(my first read: The Cat Saw Murder)

Stuart Palmer
(my first read: The Penguin Pool Murder)

E.C.R. Lorac
(my first read: The Murder in the Mill-Race – review yet to come)

Merryn Allingham
(my first read: The Bookshop Murder)

Robin Forsythe


Have you read these writers? Which one is your favorite?

 

4 comments:

  1. I read my first Forsythe this year and enjoyed it, also Christianna Brand, though both different books than you. I've read Merryn Allingham before and liked the books very much too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently reading my second Christianna Brand. Loving her style, though I don't really care for the detective (Inspector Cockrill aka Cockie).. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm always happy to find new crime and mystery writers. Yours are new to me, but I bet they're good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my most favorite here is Stuart Palmer. He's witty and smart. His 1st book has the perfect balance of a crime story - a rare skill in crime writers, I must say!

      Delete

What do you think?