Saturday, October 28, 2023

Six Books Saturday #3: Bookish Books to Read Next Year




#SixBooksSaturday
is my personal monthly bookish meme, inspired by Six Words Saturday, which I've stumbled upon Travel with Intent. It's basically to list six books of random category, which I'd decided on the spot. Anything is possible according to my whim. I post Six Books Saturday on last Saturday of each month. If you're interested, you are, of course, welcomed to join me. There's no rule, really. You can post six anything about books. 

This time around, I usually begin to make plans for the next year - reading wise. I've been having a soft spot for feel-good books-about-books lately, and so, that is theme I explore today:


Six Books-About-Books I Want to Read Next Year


What You Are Looking For is in the Library by Michiko Aoyama




Days at the Morisaki Bookshop by Satoshi Yagisawa



The Door-to-Door Bookstore by Carsten Henn



The Banned Bookshop of Maggie Banks by Shauna Robinson



The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams



The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George




Have you read any of them? Or do you have more suggestions for other equally good books with similar theme?

Next Six Books Saturday: 25th November 2023.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Reading List and Days at the Morisaki Bookshop so I think you will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I'll certainly read Days at the Morisaki Bookshop for next year's Japanese Literature challenge.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed both The Reading List and The Banned Bookshop of Maggie Banks. They're both so good. And I wanted to read What You Are Looking For is in the Library this year, but there are so many holds on it at my library, I won't get it until next year now. But I plan on reading Days at the Morisaki Bookshop next month. Great bookish books reading list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. There're so many good bookish books published lately to make us happy, aren't they? ;)

      Delete
  3. Helloooooooooo! I was Googling around, trying to see if there is an annual challenge or event for reading plays and I see that you did a year-long "Let's Read Plays" event back in 2012. Is this an annual event or was it a one-time event? Do you know of any annual play-reading challenges or events that takes place in a certain month? Hopefully NOT in Oct or Nov since there are so many other reading events in those months? I'm hoping to find a play-reading event that only lasts for a month because I don't have that many plays on my shelf waiting to be read. lol Thanks in advance and meanwhile, I will continue to Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jinjer, thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I did host Let's Read Play in 2012 - it's been more than 10 years now, wow! - but unfortunately it's a one-time event, as I was co-hosting with my friend, who isn't on the blogosphere anymore. I'll look around for you, and if I see one, I'll let you know.

      Delete

What do you think?