Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The 2022 TBR Pile Challenge




My first post of 2022 is for one of my most favorite reading challenges: TBR Pile Challenge, hosted by Adam @ Roof Beam Reader. For me personally, it's not really a challenge, since I rarely read newly published books (if any, it's not more than one or two a year), thus my reading plans are mostly based on books from my TBR pile.

The 2022 TBR Pile Challenge - the Master List

  1. The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu
  2. Orang-Orang Bloomington (People from Bloomington) by Budi Darma
  3. Evelina by Frances Burney
  4. Elizabeth and Her German Garden by Elizabeth von Arnim
  5. Mrs. Osmond by John Banville
  6. A Lost Lady by Willa Cather
  7. For A Night of Love by Émile Zola
  8. Flappers and Philosophers by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  9. Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
  10. The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton
  11. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
  12. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier

 


4 comments:

  1. So many great books on your list -- Barchester Towers is an absolute delight. If you've not read Trollope yet it's a great introduction. And thanks for reminding me to add Zola to my TBR pile challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I've read Trollope's Warden and a Christmas stories compilation. And I'm intrigued to read more of him.

      Of course, I have to include Zola on my challenges! How could you forget him! :))

      Delete
  2. I have only read #12, which I enjoyed a lot. Good luck with #1. I love Japanese Lit, but have been scared with it so far.
    My list: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/01/03/2022-tbr-pile-reading-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, I have finished #1, actually. It's... interesting, though not loveable. My advice: pick Seidensticker's translation, I think it's the most readable abridged version of Genji.

      Delete

What do you think?