Wednesday, December 28, 2022

2023 Reading Plan

 


2023 is around the corner, it's time to create a new reading plan (or sort of!). Same like with 2022's, I divide mine into three sections. I will also read some non-classics, and I'm thinking of creating special feature for this. Because I love my blog name and theme, but including non classic reviews into a classic-themed blog seems strange, and I don't feel like creating a second blog, so.. a feature will be a perfect compromise. Anyway, here's the three sections:

  • By Month/Events - I love to read certain genre/author in certain month, but this year I'll limit myself to only several events.
  • By Category 
  • By Author - in line with my Author Challenge, and because certain authors need to be read every few years.


📚 BY MONTH/EVENTS 

JANUARY

I will dedicate this month for #CC Spin, because it seems to be a fun way to kick off the new year.
As you might have known, #CC Spin #32 has picked me:

1. The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy


APRIL

Ladies and gentlemen... I proudly announce that #Zoladdiction will turn 10 in 2023! I have been hosting this beloved event for ten years now, who would believe that? I don't 😋 I am still thinking what I should do to celebrate it, any idea? Your suggestions will be warmly welcomed! Maybe you'd like to co-host it with me, just for this special occasion? Don't be shy, just let me know! 😉 Official announcement will be published around March.

Anyway, I'm going to read my last unread book of The Rougon-Macquart cycle:

2. Doctor Pascal by Émile Zola - #Zoladdiction2023




MAY

As per my habit for the last three years, I'll be reading Willa Cather in May. I call it: #CatherInMay. You are welcomed to join me! It will be a silent event, though, just reading and reviewing together. More on this will be posted around April. My book for this event:

3. The Professor's House by Willa Cather - #CatherInMay





JUNE

Laurie @ Relevant Obscurity and I used to dedicate June for #JazzAgeJune, reading books correspond to the the Jazz Age. I haven't discussed this with Laurie, but in the meantime, here it is (more to follow after our discussion):

4. The Last Tycoon by F. Scott Fitzgerald





JULY

July is for any French-related books for #ParisInJuly:

5. Perestroika in Paris by Jane Smiley
6. Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland



OCTOBER

7. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
8. The Hound of Death by Agatha Christie 


DECEMBER

Christmas reads! Will read at least three books (and maybe a novella/short story or two?) for A Literary Christmas:

9. Mistletoe Murders and Other Stories by P.D. James
10.
11.


📚 BY CATEGORY

12. RE-READ: The Ladies Paradise by  Émile Zola  (tentative)
13. PLAY: The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams
14. CHILDREN: Where The Red Fern Grows? by Wilson Rawls 
15. INDONESIAN CLASSIC: Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk (The Dancer) by Ahmad Tohari
16. 18th CENTURY: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
17. 19th CENTURY: Rural Hours by Susan Fenimore Cooper
18. 20th CENTURY: Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
19. NON ENGLISH: The Vicomte de Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas
20. NON CLASSIC: Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer  (tentative)
21. NON FICTION: All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot


📚 BY AUTHOR

22. EDITH WHARTON: Summer
23. DICKENS: Barnaby Rudge
24. AGATHA CHRISTIE:   Sad Cypress 
25.                                        - Evil Under the Sun
26.                                        - N or M?
27.                                        - The Body in the Library
28.                                        - Five Little Pigs
 

                                                       📚 FREEBIES

29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an exciting lineup! I enjoyed The Last Tycoon, hope you will like it, too. And congrats on a decade of Zoladdiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marian!
      I am looking forward to Last Typhoon, it's the only Fitzgerald's novel I haven't read yet.

      Delete
  2. I like how you have so many reading events for each month. What a fun way to plan out your next year of reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I always feel it's best to read certain writer on certain month. Mostly to celebrate the writer's birthday, but Cather's is really best to read in May. :)

      Delete

What do you think?