Saturday, December 31, 2022

Goodbye 2022! A Reading Wrap Up

 



๐Ÿ“šBOOKS READ

In chronological order:

1. The Tale of Genji by Murashaki Shikibu ⭐⭐⭐
2. Appointment with Death by Agatha Christie (re-read) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
3. A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
4. Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens ⭐⭐⭐
6. The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
7. Murder is Easy by Agatha Christie (re-read) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
8. For a Night of Love by รŠmile Zola ⭐⭐⭐1/2
9. The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman ⭐⭐⭐⭐
10. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
11. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (re-read) ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
12. A Lost Lady by Willa Cather ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
13. Evelina by Frances Burney ⭐⭐⭐⭐
14. Flappers and Philosophers by F. Scott Fitzgerald ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
16. My Four Seasons in France: A Year of the Good Life by Janine Marsh ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
17. The Girl, the Dog, and the Writer in Provence by Katrina Nannestad ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
19. The Seagull by Anton Chekhov ⭐⭐1/2
20. Elizabeth and Her German Garden by Elizabeth von Arnim ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
21. One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie (re-read) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
22. The Girl, the Dog, and the Writer in Rome by Katrina Nannestad ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
23. Mrs. Osmond by John Banville ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
24. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier ⭐⭐⭐⭐
25. Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie (re-read) ⭐⭐⭐
26. The Knight of Maison-Rouge by Alexandre Dumas ⭐⭐⭐1/2
27. The Lark by E. Nesbit ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
28. Jane and the Twelve Days of Christmas by Stephanie Barron ⭐⭐⭐1/2
29. Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie (re-read) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
31. The Christmas Hirelings by Mary Elizabeth Braddon ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
32. Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies ⭐⭐⭐⭐


๐Ÿ“ŠSTATISTICS

- Books read: 32
- Classics: 23 Non classics: 9
- Re-read: 6
- Non Fiction: 5
- Play: 1
- Short story/Short story collection: 3
- Classics new author: 6


๐Ÿ† WINNER vs LOSER

Most favorite ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ: The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Least favorite ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ: The Seagull by Anton Chekhov ⭐⭐1/2


๐Ÿ“–READING CHALLENGES




The 2022 TBR Pile Challenge - COMPLETED 12/12 (click link to Master List)
2022 Chunkster Challenge - COMPLETED 4/4 (click link to Master List)
Back to the Classics Challenge 2022 - COMPLETED 12/12 (click link to Wrap Up Post)


This year has been surprisingly productive for me, despite of a bout of reading (& blogging) slump that lasted for about three months. But then, I have been catching up quite fast, that I surpassed last year total-books-read: 32! I only hope it will continue next year (the record, not the slump).

I'm also aware of  how much varied my reading had been this year. I guess I've found myself a personal formula to enhance the joy of reading. But the thing that makes me proud of myself the most, is that, I managed to review ALL read-books (though maybe few of them are just one paragraph, or a thread in Twitter). Next year, I intend to post reviews of all books (classics or not) here. To that purpose, I will launch a new feature for non classics reads (coming soon!). 

I want also to thank all of you, my friends and fellow bloggers, old and new. The pleasure of blogging is nothing without you!

Last but not least, I will say Au Revoir for now, as this will be my last post for 2022. Happy New Year! ๐Ÿฅณ

12 comments:

  1. Well done, Fanda! Three books from your list I think I should add to my wishlist (or suggest for my book club): The Custom of the Country; 84, Charing Cross Road; and A Lost Lady. I didn't get to read your reviews, but I will now. I had some long absences, too, and I missed visiting other blogs and reading reviews. So, time to make up for it...

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Ruth! And welcome back! It's nice to see you up and around the blogosphere again.

      Those three were my favorites of 2022, so good choices! Can't wait to reading your reviews again.. ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
    2. Oh, I love 84, Charing Cross Road too! Short but so sweet.

      Delete
    3. It doesn't feel like non fiction too!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a very good reading year. And may your next one be as good or better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Reese! May your next reading year be nice too!

      Delete
  3. What a great year of reading! I might need to get Flappers and Philosophers... in fact I love to read Fitzgerald on New Year's Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually makes sense. And Flappers and Philosophers is a good choice to read during the countdown.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on completing your challenges for the year. I love rereading Agatha Christie too and do so quite often. I just reread A Body in the Library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mallika! Fortunately Christie was such a prolific writer, that we can perpetually rereading her books without ever feeling bored! I can't wait to re-read Body in the Library this year!

      Delete

What do you think?