Monday, December 26, 2022

Back to the Classics 2022: WRAP UP



Despite of some personal struggles on second half of this year, I have managed to read ALL twelve categories of Back to the Classics 2022 hosted by Karen (Books and Chocolate). Here's the complete list (with some adjustments from the original one):

1. A 19th century classic:
Elizabeth and Her German Garden by Elizabeth von Arnim

2. A 20th century classic
My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier 

3. A classic by a woman author
A Lost Lady by Willa Cather

4. A classic in translation
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

5. A classic by BIPOC author
The Knight of Maison-Rouge by Alexandre Dumas

6. Mystery/Detective/Crime Classic
Appointment with Death by Agatha Christie

7. A Classic Short Story Collection
For a Night of Love by Emile Zola

8. Pre-1800 Classic
The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu

9. A Nonfiction Classic
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff

10. Classic That's Been on Your TBR List the Longest
Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens

11. Classic Set in a Place You'd Like to Visit
The Lark by E. Nesbit (English countryside)

12. Wild Card Classic
Evelina by Frances Burney (18th century classic)


I'd like to thank Karen for, once again, hosting this fantastic challenge. It's not been an easy one for me, but somehow I completed it; it makes me so proud of myself!

my contact: vixxiomail [dot] gmail [dot] com

10 comments:

  1. I read A Lost Lady for this category, too. I need to write my wrapup post soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you did? That's amazing, Reese. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it!

      Delete
  2. Wasn't The Lark delightful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for reading book in all twelve categories! And Then There Were None was the first Agatha Christie book I ever read (back when it was still called Ten Little Indians); and I'll have to check out your review of Evelina. I read that one several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! And Then Were None was my second Christie back then, I think.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on completing the challenge--I cannot boast the same! I also read Elizabeth and Her German Garden this year, and you have a couple of other favorites on your list -- 84, Charing Cross Road was a lovely read and deserves a revisit soon. I've read My Cousin Rachel a couple of times and do enjoy a good DMM pyscho-thriller. Good for you, reading Evelina. I've never carved out the time or will power to do that myself. Best wishes for a Happy New Year filled with good health and many good reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! Oh, 84, Charing Cross Road is a short little treasure, I'm glad I've read it!

      Evelina isn't too bad, really, when you've been more familiar with the writing style. It's funny, too, sometimes!

      Delete

What do you think?