Thursday, December 1, 2022

2023 Victorian Reading Challenge


 
Why oh why… whenever you want to restrain yourself from reading challenge, interesting ones always make a way to you! When I found this 2023 Victorian Reading Challenge created by Mrs. Sarah Coller of Belle’s Library, I knew I won’t be able to resist because Victorian books will always appear on my list…any year. So, here we are:


The Rules

*Books published during the Victorian age (1837-1901) are acceptable.
*Books written about the Victorian age are acceptable, no matter what year they were published.
*Stories are not limited to Victorian Britain. Read about what was going on in other parts of the world during this time!

My List:

  1. The Ladies Paradise by Émile Zola (re-read)
  2. Rural Hours by Susan Fenimore Cooper
  3. Doctor Pascal by Émile Zola
  4. The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy
  5. Barnaby Rudge by Charles Dickens

Will you join me?
😉


4 comments:

  1. wonderful! I'm so glad you've joined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I was so glad when I've found your challenge! Nothing like Victorian novels can make me happier. :)

      Delete
  2. I just spotted this challenge too and it really appeals to me. I haven't yet read any of your choices so I'll be interested to learn what you make of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victorian novels are always appealing, right?
      Welcome on board, Stephanie, I'm looking forward to see what you'll be reading for this challenge!

      Delete

What do you think?