Friday, November 10, 2023

Blogger-Inspired Wishlist...with a Twist, Ep. 10,5




Blogger-Inspired Wishlist is a feature where I post recent additions to my wish list, which had been inspired by reviews from my fellow bloggers. Now, about the twist...


While browsing Twitter, I sometimes stumbled upon books that interest me. It could be from someone's tweeting about his/her latest book haul, or someone's retweet of book promotion from his/her favorite bookstore. Either way, if the title/cover and its Goodreads' summary attracts me, I'll put it into a list. No summaries/explanation, just the links.

Looking for the Durrells by Melanie Hewitt

West with Giraffes by Lynda Rutledge
From @Kittling_Books, retweeted by @Caffyolay

Murder in the Basement by Anthony Berkeley


The Square of Sevens by Laura Shepherd-Robinson

Wrong Poison by Nikki Knight

Comes a Stranger by E.R. Punshon


The Ghost of Frédéric Chopin by Eric Faye

Vango: Between Sky and Earth by Timothée de Fombelle
From @debnance 

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr
From @JanCarson7280, retweeted by @ds228

Hotel Splendide by Ludwig Bemelmans


Wonder Cruise by Ursula Bloom

Flying Too High by Kerry Greenwood

Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes

Mrs. Plansky's Revenge by Spencer Quinn
From @Kittling_Books, retweeted by @Caffyolay



The Backyard Birds Chronicles by Amy Tan

The Biscuit Barrel Murder by Geoffrey Start

A Murder of Aspic Proportions by Amy Lillard

The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman


The Shooting Party by Anton Chekhov

Dear Mrs. Bird by AJ Pearce

A Cadenza For Caruso by Barbara Paul

Windswept by Annie Worsley
From @RedRiverCroft , retweeted by @holnicoteNH



Cooking with Fernet Branca by James Hamilton-Paterson

Proud Sorrows by James R. Benn

2 comments:

  1. Nice list; I've read West With Giraffes which I would highly recommend. Hotel Splendide is also very good fun. Looking for the Durrells is a book I'd love to read too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you highly recommended it, Mallika. That makes me want to read it soon! I've almost picked Hotel Splendide for Nonfiction November, but I've had too much on my plate right now. Well, maybe next year! :D

      Delete

What do you think?