Friday, November 24, 2023

Would you join me in: Agatha Christie Short Stories 2024? #AgathaChristieSS24




Throughout her literary career, Agatha Christie had written no less than 167 short stories! How many had I read? I have no idea. I know I've devoured many of her short stories collections, but the problem is, I tend to see them as what they are, a collection of stories; one book containing several stories. Meaning that I regarded each of them as mere elements of a book, never as a story of its own. And that's why I never remember all the story, well.. maybe one or two with standout titles.

That's what I've been wanting to do, giving credit to each story by reading and reviewing it as stand alone. And what's more appropriate than to start the project right on the centenary of Christie's debut short story: The Coming of Mr. Quinn, which was first published in 1924? And so, here's my...

Agatha Christie Short Stories 2024

What is it?

- Reading & reviewing Christie's short stories as standalones.
- Two short stories a month, starting from 1st January to 31st December 2024.
- I have curated twenty four stories in no chronological order, with equal proportions of the Poirot, Marple, Harlequin, Tommy & Tuppence, Parker Pyne, and some non detectives.
- Most importantly, would you like to join me in this journey? ๐Ÿ˜‰

The reading list:

JANUARY: The Coming of Mr. Quin (Harley Quin)
JANUARY: The Adventure of the Italian Nobleman (Hercule Poirot)
FEBRUARY: The Pearl of Price (Parker Pyne)
FEBRUARY: The Affair at the Bungalow (Miss Marple)
MARCH: The Mystery of the Spanish Shawl (Hercule Poirot)
MARCH: The Unbreakable Alibi (Tommy & Tuppence)
APRIL: Have You Got Everything You Want? (Parker Pyne)
APRIL: The Tragedy at Marsdon Manor (Hercule Poirot)
MAY: The Sign in the Sky (Harley Quin)
MAY: The Crackler (Tommy & Tuppence)
JUNE: The Strange Case of Sir Arthur Carmichael (Hercule Poirot)
JUNE: The Blue Geranium (Miss Marple)
JULY: Manx Gold (NN)
JULY: The Gentleman Dressed in Newspaper (Tommy & Tuppence)
AUGUST: The Gate of Baghdad (Parker Pyne)
AUGUST: The Man Who Was no. 16 (Tommy & Tuppence)
SEPTEMBER: The Herb of Death (Miss Marple)
SEPTEMBER: The Bird with the Broken Wing (Harley Quin)
OCTOBER: The Hound of Death (NN)
OCTOBER: The Voice in the Dark (NN)
NOVEMBER: The Dead Harlequin (Harley Quin)
NOVEMBER: The Girl in the Train (NN)
DECEMBER: The Chocolate Box (Hercule Poirot)
DECEMBER: A Christmas Tragedy (Miss Marple)

How it works:

* Early each month I will post a reminder of what two stories we will read that month, as well as any background info, if any. You can put links to your reviews of the month in the comment section.
* You're free to put reviews of two stories in one post if you like, or in two separate posts, as long as it's published within the allocated month.
* You're free to post it on your blog, twitter, or instagram. Just note that I might not do instagram posts/comments, but as long as you put the link in the comment, others might find your reviews.
* I might include a topic of discussion every now and then, whenever I feel like it. I'll publish these in my own reviews. Be sure to check my reviews, and you can answer/respond in the comment or in your own reviews if you want.
* You can join in whichever month/story you'd like, no obligation to complete all - it's not a challenge! As long as you read them within the month.
* Don't forget to visit, read, and comment each other's review - it's always fun to exchange idea/opinion with others who read the same thing with you!
*The hashtag we will use: #AgathaChristieSS24

Easy-peasy, right? Only two stories a month - less than 100 pages to squeeze into your tight schedule. ๐Ÿ˜‰


Well, are you in?

10 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds fun! I always enjoy Christie short stories. I've been pretty lax about posting , and I can't promise I'll post for each one or anything, but I'll read along and comment for sure! (Jean @ Howling Frog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thanks Jean, for joining me! I hope you'll having much fun.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I will! I think there are some stories on that list that are new to me! (Also I'm very good at forgetting who did it when I have read them.)

      Delete
    3. I forget the whodunnit so often too, especially if the story isn't very special.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I missed this post. I'm in! Love reading Christie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mallika for joining us! I'd love to read along with you next year. Christie is one writer I'm never bored of reading!

      Delete
  3. That's great - I have a few Christie short stories lying around. I'll save the Christmas Tragedy for next December so I can read it with you but read The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding for this year's #ALiteraryChristmas - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad to have you on board too, Brona!
      The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding is a fun seasonal read, hope you'll enjoy it this year!

      Delete
  4. I just finished reading and reviewing Partners in Crime, which are the Tommy & Tuppence short stories, in my personal reading challenge of all those books. I also just ordered a copy of the Quin short stories, so maybe I'll join in, in a way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have already read several, especially all of HP and all of Tommy and Tuppence, so this is a good opportunity to read more, thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?