Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Back to the Classics Challenge 2013



Being one of my most fun and successful reading challenges in 2012, I’m very glad to know that Sarah will be hosting Back to the Classics Challenge 2013. It comes with some new categories, which make it more exciting! I am combining the books I will read for this challenge my 2013 TBR Pile Challenge, my WEM Self Project, and of course my long term the Classics Club project. Here they are…

The Required Categories:

A 19th Century Classic: Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
A 20th Century Classic: The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway
A Pre-18th or 18th Century Classic: Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
A Classic that relates to the African-American Experience: Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
A Classic Adventure: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
A Classic that prominently features an Animal: Moby Dick by Herman Melville

Optional Categories:

Re-read a Classic: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
A Russian Classic: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
A Classic Non-Fiction title: The Life of Saint Teresa of Ávila by Teresa of Avila
A Classic Children's/Young Adult title: Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
Classic Short Stories: Cinta Sejati (an Indonesian translation of short stories collection) by Guy de Maupassant

6 comments:

  1. that's great reading you'll be doing! Good luck Fanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hat goes off to you - Moby Dick AND War and Peace for the same challenge? (Though I am a little jealous too - I really want to read W&P, but I'll wait until after I'm done with school first).

    Thank you so much for joining again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I don't do it now, I'd probably never do it!
      And thanks for hosting this challenge for another year, Sarah! :)

      Delete
  3. I picked the same book, Three Musketeers, for that category! We should do a read-along next August or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, in fact I have planned to read it with Melisa (surgabukuku) on March 2013, can you make it that month? We'll be glad to have you too!

      Delete

What do you think?