A not only beautiful but also meaningful quote from Mark Antony about how we must bear sorrows that come to our lives…
“Bid that welcome
Which comes to punish us, and we punish it,
Seeming to bear it lightly.”
Instead of taking sorrow as a severe punishment of what we had done wrong, we can opt to welcome the punishment and take it lightly. Rather that the sorrow punishes us, WE punish the sorrow (by taking it lightly). I think this is a great wisdom to be applied in our lives. We are not immune from making mistakes, all we must do is to accept the consequences, learn from it, and move on.
This Weekend Quote is hosted by Half-Filled Attic. Feel free to join. You can:
- Give the context of the quote
- Give your opinion whether you agree or disagree with it
- Share your experience related to the quote
- Share similar quotes you remember
- Or anything else. Just have fun with the quote.