Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Celebrating Dickens Mini Readalongs



I’m so excited that there are already 16 of you (until today, November 30th) who have signed up for Celebrating Dickens next February! And though it’s only one week from the announcement, I am obliged to post our first update, which is about Mini Readalongs. This post will also be the master post for all our Mini Readalongs for Celebrating Dickens. If you have plan to read certain book(s) and want to know whether there are others to read it along with, you can simply comment here, I will update your entry in this post.

For this Mini Readalongs you are not obliged to post anything in your blog (except you’d want to), this post would act as master post, where you can see who are reading the same book with you. Let’s just read together and have discussions if you want either on blog, twitter, FB or any other media. As we have here Indonesian participants who read translation, I divide the Mini Readalong into two categories:

For International:

The Mystery of Edwin Drood
- Fanda @ Fanda Classiclit
- Astrid @ Books To Share
-  ??

Great Expectations
- Melisa @ Surgabukuku
- Sabrina @ Notes of The Dreamer
- ??

Dombey and Son
- Melissa @ Avid Reader's Musing
- ??

David Copperfield
- Alouette @ Reading For The Sky
- ??

For Indonesian only:

A Tale of Two Cities (translation)
- Desty @ Desty Baca Buku
- Maria @ HobbyBuku's Classic
- Rereong @ Wonderful Books
- ??

We will have something for Dickens’ 201st anniversary celebration (February 7th, 2013), so keep checking in here to see my next update! To join in Celebrating Dickens, please go directly to the sign up post.

19 comments:

  1. I want to read the original version of Great Expectations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice, it's a great book!
      I've put it on the list, hope others will join you soon..

      Delete
    2. saya ikutan yah... kebetulan ada bukunya nangkring di rak :)

      Delete
    3. OK Sabrina, you're in. Kamu bakal suka deh Great Expectations, selamat baca bareng Melisa! :)

      Delete
  2. I will be reading Dombey and Son! Add me to the International list please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put you on the list, Melissa. Hope you'll soon get company to enjoy Dombey and Son..

      Delete
  3. I'm going to be reading Bleak House. In English. As it's the only language I understand. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Bleak House right now, but will probably be finished before February. Would that count? If not, I'm wanting to read Hard Times in February. :)

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we will start only on February, I think Bleak House would be out of date by then. Would you like me to put you on the list with Hard Times?

      Delete
  5. I will be reading David Copperfield!
    //International list, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're on the list :)
      And don't forget to confirm your participation in the event here: http://klasikfanda.blogspot.com/2012/11/celebrating-dickens-february-2013-sign.html You just need to leave a comment.

      Delete
  6. mbak, ikutan baca A Tale of Two Cities yang terjemahan yah :D makasih ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, namamu udah terpajang di list yah, selamat bca bareng yang lain ^__^

      Delete
  7. emmm... tapi mbak, nama blogku kan bukan She is to Fond of books? .__. http://rereong.wordpress.com/ Wonderful Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh iyaa...maap! Salah comot link. Udah kuganti yaa.. :)

      Delete
  8. is anybody going to read Hard Times?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mei, I think Lydia from Eternal Simplicity (find on the above comments) are going to read Hard Times, you can contach her if you like :)

      Delete
  9. yeay, my name is there already =) next task: buy the book..Kinokuniya here I come =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'll get to it around the second week (hopefully!)

      Delete

What do you think?