Sunday, April 14, 2024

Preparing for the #1937Club

I am very refreshed today after a week of holiday, which I spent mostly with preparing for the upcoming #1937Club, hosted by Simon @ Stuck in a Book and Karen @ Kaggsy's Bookish Ramblings. I have read the three books I was intended to read, and am now finishing review of the last one. Next week will be super tight for me, so it's better to settle everything by this weekend.

1937 was a glorious era for Golden Age Detective writers, there are so many titles to choose from, that I ended up reading two. The other one is an Asian middle-grade classic. I won't reveal the titles now, just wait till my reviews published!

Meanwhile, I will share books published in 1937 that I have read so far:

Golden Age Crime Fiction:
Three are from Agatha Christie: Death in the NileDumb Witness, and Incredible Theft. The other is from J. Jefferson Farjeon: Mystery in White.

Classics:
- The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- Of Mice and Men (John Steinbeck)
- To Have and Have Not (Ernest Hemingway)
Jane of Lantern Hill (L.M. Montgomery)
- The Turn of the Screw (Henry James)

Graphic Novel:
The Broken Ear (Adventures of Tintin #6)

Will you join #1937Club? What will you be reading?

1 comment:

  1. It was such a great year, wasn't it? Will look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?