Friday, May 1, 2020

Zoladdiction 2020 Wrap Up

I would never have imagined that one of Zoladdictions I host every year would be held during a pandemic. 2020 would become one of our memorable moments in life, but, maybe, more in painful ways. No, I don't think Zoladdiction 2020 was really successful, but nonetheless, we - or some of us - have at least finished one more Zola's.

For my part, I struggled a bit with The Kill, and I have to admit that Zola's books are not the best you'd enjoy during these gloomy days. Do you agree? The Kill has never been my favorite, and this second read didn't much improve either, but I think I managed to understand few things more than before.

What about you?
Have you finished a book or two?
Did you enjoy it?


And now Zoladdiction must end, which, I must admit, I'm not really sad.. :P

Thank you to all participants for reading Zola with me, and sorry for my not being a better host this time. Next year will be better! (^_^) Meanwhile, stay healthy, guys!

P.S.
Though Zoladdiction 2020 has ended, you can still leave your review link in the comment section or tag me on Twitter or IG.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I’ve just read Three Cities, l’assommoir, germinal, and a love episode. Long ago I read therese raquin and (I think) nana. He reminds me of hawthorne. Anyway, I really enjoy him and will continue to keep reading! I’m not a blog person but was glad to stumble on yours, especially Zoladdiction. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, I'm Fanda.
      Nice to see another Zola's fan. Hopefully I will see you again on next year Zoladdiction to share further our love of Zola! :)

      Delete

What do you think?