Saturday, December 8, 2012

Weekend Quote 13: Great Expectations


This is a passage of what Pip said to Estella, a reflection of his desperation in his everlasting love to Estella…



You are part of my existence, part of myself. You have been in every line I have ever read, since I first came here, the rough common boy whose poor heart you wounded even then.

What makes it more tragic is that it was so true, that Pip’s strong determination to be a gentleman was mostly to melt Estella’s cold iron heart. It can be said that Pip’s life changed after he had seen Estella for the first time. What a love! And when I thought at first it’s only a childish love, it lasted until Pip grown up to become a gentleman. Once again, what a love that someone you love can be part of your existence!

This Weekend Quote is hosted by Half-Filled Attic. Feel free to join. You can:
  • Give the context of the quote
  • Give your opinion whether you agree or disagree with it
  • Share your experience related to the quote
  • Share similar quotes you remember
  • Or anything else. Just have fun with the quote.


4 comments:

  1. very beautiful and strong expression of love !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I really need to consider reading Dickens. Wait! Tale of Two Cities first. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try Dickens, Listra! And let me know when you plan to read A Tale of Two Cities, I might want to join you (for a re-read)

      Delete

What do you think?