Saturday, July 1, 2023

Paris in July 2023 and 20 Books of Summer Update #1


(This post has been altered)

I have posted earlier that Paris in July might not be going on this year, but at very last moment, Emma @ Words and Peace has stepped up and took over as a host of this beloved event at her blog! Yayy!!


So, I have altered this post, and this will be my signing up post of #parisinjuly2023.


I plan to read:

- The Mystery of the Yellow Room by Gaston Leroux
- Letters From My Windmill by Alphonse Daudet
- The President’s Hat by Antoine Laurain

I am also doing British Crime Classics Challenge 2023, which is starting in July. For this, I’ve planned to read at least two books. Other than that, I might read one or two cozy mysteries as well, and also the book for #ClassicsClubSpin.


20 Books of Summer Update #1


πŸ“š Books read until 30th June (6/10):

πŸ’š Summer by Edith Wharton
πŸ’š The Cat Saw Murder by Dolores Hitchens
πŸ’š Aunts Aren't Gentlemen by P.G. Wodehouse
πŸ’š Art Heists and Hairballs by Bailey Booth
πŸ’š One by One They Disappeared by Moray Dalton
πŸ’š The Bookshop Murder by Merryn Allingham

With the current pace, I think I'd be able to read 15 or even 20 books after all. Let's see..


πŸ“š 2023 Statistics

πŸ“Š Total books read so far: 26
πŸ“Š Total short stories read so far: 5
πŸ“Š Challenge progress:
* 2023 TBR Pile Challenge: 7
* 2023 Victorian Reading Challenge: 3
* 2023 Audiobook Challenge: 6

 

17 comments:

  1. You are doing great!
    Happy Francophie reads. We'll see, someone may pick up Paris in July

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! *fingers-crossing*

      Delete
    2. I just listed your post with possible books on our #parisinjuly2023 page

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Luckily, Emma stepped up and host it at her blog. 😊

      Delete
    2. I feel very happy that Emma has jumped in.

      Delete
  3. Well done on your 20Books! I don't think I have any French books, sadly - I have sort of been avoiding them because I'm learning Spanish but have quite OK French and it starts creeping into my Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know what you mean. Back when I learned German, my French 'crept' into it too - I frequently answered 'oui' when I supposed to say 'ja', for instance.

      Delete
  4. Good book list — I’ve read 2 of your 3 choices. Looks like this will be a very good month!

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mae! It is a very good month - I'm even thinking of reading one more book about Paris, I just can't resist! :)

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to your Paris in July posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can recommend The President's Hat, a great and fun book. Looking forward to seeing what you think about the other books for Paris in July.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to discovering some new to me writers through your posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Thank you for reminding me about Summer by Edith Wharton! I have that on my TBR and it would be perfect to read right now.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?