Monday, July 24, 2023

Six in Six, 2023 edition



I first saw this meme at Words and Peace, and thought it's a fun way to recap my first semester reading of this year.

What is Six in Six?
It's an annual meme created and hosted by Jo @ Book Jotter.
As we are halfway through the year, let us share the books we have read in those first 6 months. In fact let’s share 6 books in 6 categories. 

From the list of categories to choose from, I picked these six which accommodate every single the books I have read from January to June, except for three re-reads:

* Sad Cypress (Agatha Christie)
* The Ladies Paradise (Émile Zola)
* N or M? (Agatha Christie)

Now the Six in Six:

Six New Authors to Me
(with the books I have read of)

1. Susan Fenimore Cooper (Rural Hours)
4. Bailey Booth (Art Heists and Hairballs)
5. Nancy Mitford (Pigeon Pie)
6. Margery Sharp (The Stone of Chastity)


Six authors I am looking forward to reading more of
(with the books I have read of)

1. Moray Dalton (One by One They Disappeared)
2. Barbara Pym (Some Tame Gazelle)
3. Merryn Allingham (The Bookshop Murder)
4. Dolores Hitchens (The Cat Saw Murder)
6. Margery Sharp (The Stone of Chastity)


Six books I have enjoyed the most

1. Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto
2. The Bookshop Murder by Merryn Allingham
3. Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym
4. The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
6. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder


Six blogging events I enjoyed

2. Classics Club Spin #32
3. Buddy Read of Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk with @melmarian


Six classics I have read

1. The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy
2. Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
3. Jane of Lantern Hill by L.M. Montgomery
4. Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk (The Dancer) by Ahmad Tohari
5. The Professor's House by Willa Cather
6. Aunts Aren't Gentleman by P.G. Wodehouse


Six book covers I love





3. Some Tame Gazelle



4. All Creatures Great and Small





6. Pigeon's Pie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?