Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Blogger-Inspired Wishlist...with a Twist, Ep. 6,5




Blogger-Inspired Wishlist is a feature where I post recent additions to my wish list, which had been inspired by reviews from my fellow bloggers. Now, about the twist...

While browsing Twitter, I sometimes stumbled upon books that interest me. It could be from someone's tweeting about his/her latest book haul, or someone's retweet of book promotion from his/her favorite bookstore. Either way, if the title/cover and its Goodreads' summary attracts me, I'll put it into a list. No summaries, just the links, and several covers (at random).

The Unseen (Ingrid Barrøy #1) by Roy Jacobsen

Murder in the Mill-Race by E.C.R. Lorac
From @TheReadingHouse, retweeted by @BL_Publishing

Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace
From @ConMartin 



Four French Holidays by Anne Hall

Murder at the Brightwell by Ashley Weaver

The Paper Bark Tree Mystery by Ovidia Yu



The Lost Ryū by Emi Watanabe Cohen

Death and Croissants by Ian Moore

Murder in Paris by Andrea Hicks

The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa



A Chelsea Concerto by Frances Faviell

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

Murder in Old Bombay by Nev Marsh (Captain Jim & Lady Diana Mysteries, 1)

Montgomery Bonbon: Murder at the Museum by Alasdair Beckett-King
From @pippopu 



The Appeal by Janice Hallett

Temples of Delight by Barbara Trapido

Two Old Women: An Alaskan Legend of Betrayal, Courage and Survival by Velma Wallis

Death of Mr. Dodsley by John Ferguson
From @Heaven_ali 



A Cat in the Window by Derek Tangye

The Corpse with Sticky Fingers by George Bagby (1952)
From @ClothesinBooks, retweeted by @SarahM_Matthews 


Have you spotted a favorite or two? Or have I inspired you to acquire one, two, or more to your TBR? 😏

 

8 comments:

  1. Four French Holidays would be a good book for the July in Paris 2023 challenge. I'd like to read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. Maybe keeping it for next year? ;)

      Delete
  2. I keep a running list of books that interest me. I often forget to note info about what led me to the book, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious, how many from those list actually made themselves up on your TBR, say... after a year? ;)

      Delete
  3. So many interesting ones on this list. Betsy Tacy is one I'd love to try as well and Travelling Cat Chronicles though I've been avoiding the Cat book as in case something happens to the cat I'll find it hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think Travelling Cat Chronicles would have a sad ending? Well, I might have to check it too before reading - sad endings are too hard for me too nowadays.

      Delete

What do you think?