Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Modern March



One advantage of joining The Classics Club is that there are always exciting events and challenges you can participate, so that you’ll never be out of ideas of what classics you should read next, the club will choose them for you through the events :)

Upcoming on March, Allie (A Literary Odyssey) would host A Modern March, a reading event focusing on Modernist authors. As you might have known, I already created a reading schedule for several months ahead in order to manage my reading. For March I would read these…

Medea - Euripides (for Let’s Read Plays)
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban (for Hotter Potter)
The Three Musketeers (re-read along with Melisa)
The Flames of Rome - Paul L. Maier (Christian theme reading before Easter)
The Orange Girl – Jostein Gaarder (for 2013 TBR Pile Challenge)

…and so I would love to slip this one for participating in A Modern March:


Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf



And this would be the only Modernist theme reading I will do for the event, as I am not even sure whether I could finish all the books on schedule.. :(

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of reading for one month! Good luck! There are quite a few people planning to read Mrs. Dalloway, so that could be a fun one. I might host a read-along for T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land & Other Poems, because a bunch of people seem interested in that one, too. I'm also reading Woolf, but my choice is A Room of One's Own (because I'm very much in a Feminism/Gender Studies/Writing Theory kind of mentality lately).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I'm going to be quite busy that month :)
      I've never read T.S. Eliot and he's not on my list yet, but who knows, after reading reviews of you guys, I might be intrigued to give a try... Good luck with your reading too!

      Delete

What do you think?