Sunday, December 29, 2013

Upcoming Readatons

Next week I am going to have two readathons. The first one is what I call My Personal Readathon, something that I'll be doing with a few of blogger friends (you are welcomed to join, if you like). It is a 36 hours readathon, starting at 8 am (GMT+7) Monday morning (30th December 2013) and ends at 8 pm Tuesday night (31st Desember 2013). The detailed info is here.



I have prepared these two books for 36 hours:


Yes, I'm going to have light reading to close this year. And if I have finished them before the readathon ends, I might add another light book, The Call of the Wild, for instance...


############


After closing 2013 with a few light readings, I would be ready to welcome 2014 with another readathon, The 2nd Annual Classics Club Readathon. It will be held on January 4th, 2014, for 24 hours. 



I have been eagerly to start the new year with my history book:



What do you plan for the turning of the year's read? Would you join any of the readathon? ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to join you for your year end readathon. Hoping to get through Paul Virilio's Strategy of Deception, Thorstein Veblen's Theory of the Leisure Class and John Stuart Mill's On Liberty. Probably won't get through all of them but we'll see how it goes.

    For your History Challenge next year I think I will start Jon Latimer's 1812: War with America. It is the bicentennial of the war which lasted from 1812-1815 and 1814 was the year that the war came to area of the country that I live in. So 2014 should bring some commemorations and events. A good time to brush up on some local history. And of course the Civil War sesquicentennial continues in Virginia so there will be lots of reading about the 1864 events which included the Overland Campaign, the Bermuda Hundred Campaign and the 1864 Shenendoah Valley Campaign. A good year for history reading.

    Hope you enjoy Plutarch. You might also look at the original which pairs Greek and Roman lives and them compares and contrasts them. An added bonus that is usually not included in anthologies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be glad to have you in this readathon, Jim!
      Yes, I plan to read the Greek after finishing the Roman.

      Delete

What do you think?