Since last year, Émile Zola has been my most favorite classics author. I admire him for writing honestly and beautifully, that, even when the story is depressing, I can’t stop reading it enthusiastically. On the forthcoming of his birthday (April 2nd), I would like to celebrate it by hosting a Zola reading event during the month. O (delaisse)—who is a big fan of Zola too—was very enthusiastic when I asked her to host the event together. So….here is our…
April 1st – 30th, 2013
…because o and me have been addicted to Zola, now we want to spread the Zoladdiction to you all!
Zoladdiction is a reading event dedicated to Émile Zola—the most prominent contributor of Naturalism in 19th century. From April 1st to 30th we invite you to delve into Zola’s works. We have arranged some levels you can use to challenge your own addiction…
1st level: Maheude (reading 1 book)
2nd level: Gervaise (reading 2-3 books)
3rd level: Nana (reading 4 books or more)
Notes: The levels were named after three of most popular female characters in Zola books. Maheude is from Germinal, Gervaise is from L’Assommoir, Nana is from Nana.
All you have to do is…
- Posting about your intention to participate in this event, including the level you choose (you can upgrade it later if you want), and books you are going to pick, if you already have the idea.
- Put links of that post in the linky below.
- Help us to spread the Zoladdiction, either by putting the Zoladdiction button on your sidebar, or by discussing the event on Twitter using hashtag #Zoladdiction.
- Start reading Zola’s works when your calendar turns to April 1st, of course :)
- The master post would be up on April 1st with a linky where you can put your posts about Zola’s books.
- At the end of the event, o and I might prepare some questions to give you ideas to post your wrap-up (we still have to discuss about this).
For questions, you can mention me at Twitter @Fanda_A or simply comment here. Are you ready to be exposed to the Zoladdiction? :)