Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Books On France 2013 Reading Challenge




Still another reading challenge… :) This time Words and Peace invited us to read anything on France; French authors, French setting, or other French themes. I picked up the…

2nd Level = beaucoup (‘much’ in English)

And will be reading during 2013:

Candide by Voltaire
The Masterpiece by Emile Zola
La Bete Humaine by Emile Zola
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (re-read)
Cinta Sejati (translated short stories collections) by Guy de Maupassant
Saint Joan by George Bernard Shaw

4 comments:

  1. Great titles! Have fun with the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Candide is hilarious and such a great read. And Albert Camus is one of my favourite authors; I try to read The Stranger/The Outsider once a year. I've only read Bel Ami by Guy de Maupassant and look forward to reading more of his work because his wit is just perfection.

    I keep thinking that I don't know that many French authors, but I've read Zola and know Dumas, so yay me!

    Good luck with the challenge - you've picked a great set of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So...yay to you! ^__^
      Ah, you made me crave for Candide; I'll read it by end of February.
      I've been curious too of Maupassant, and I think it's good to try his short stories first before getting to Bel Ami.

      Delete

What do you think?