Friday, June 15, 2012

Literary Classics Challenge - Friday Progress (2)


Finally…I have finished my Sketches by Boz! I don’t know why it took me this long (two weeks..or more?) to read it. Perhaps it’s because I don’t quite like anthologies, they made me quickly distracted every time I finished a story. With novels, there is the plot that makes me more engaged with the story. Or maybe, it’s just Dickens’ style with many long sentences that often forced me to re-read certain paragraph (sometimes one paragraph could contain only one sentence, one long sentence…phew!). The second reason is that there are a lot of things happened this week that I felt quite overwhelmed.

Anyway…I am done with Boz (I am preparing the review now), so that I can start the second book for The Literary Classics Challenge. I picked something very light and fun after Boz: it’s Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. It is sooo.. relaxing to get to Black Beauty after Dickens’ and I am enjoying it very well. J This is also the third book I’m reading for A Victorian Celebration, and the 9th book for The Classics Club. I think I will digest it very quickly, so that Monday I can grab for the next one on my waiting list: The Picture of Dorian Gray.

By the way...I think, reading Black Beauty will create a sense like this... Don't you agree? 



What about you, how is your classics reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?