Friday, June 29, 2012

Literary Classics Challenge - Friday Progress (4)


I had spent the whole last week together with the witty and flamboyant Oscar Wilde in his ‘ThePicture of Dorian Gray’. Sipping the 256 pages and publishing chapter posts every day was quite a hard task, but I really enjoyed every moment ‘till the end.

Actually the next book on my schedule is The Old Curiosity Shop by Dickens, and I have started the first few chapters, however now I don’t feel very excited to continue on. I don’t know, perhaps it’s because I have spent my energy and emotion to finish Dorian Gray. So, now I’m still not sure what to read next. I have Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Dumas’ Twenty Years After on my TBR, but Dr. Jekyll is too gothic (not after Dorian Gray definitely!), and Twenty Years After…hmm..it’s 600s pages..! On the other hand, I have in my Kindle several classics short stories, maybe I’ll pick few of them to cool my brain off J. Besides, several of them are Victorian authors too, so I can still read something for AVictorian Celebration anyway.

 I have here: Thomas Hardy, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, Henry James, Mark Twain, Robert Louis Stevenson, and Edgar Allan Poe. Which one do you think I should grab first? J. Should I go to America? Or should I stay at the city of the following image for a little while….. Can you guess where it is?

The north end of Drury Lane runs into High Holborn-Louise Rayner source



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?